Friday, January 1, 2016

Super Hero Storybook

Happy New Year stampers!
 
I hope you had a fun time ringing in the New Year!  I actually made it until midnight this year...first time in MANY years!  My family joined some of our fire family and went to a hockey game...we all had so much fun!
 
We are kicking the New Year off with a FUN challenge over at Friday Mashup.  We are mashing things up with a Super Hero Storybook creation!
 
I'll admit, I was a little afraid of this challenge at first, but after a little thought, I was able to come up with a fun super hero birthday card, which my 4 year old has already claimed as his for his next birthday!
I've included a little photo tutorial below for how I designed the layout for this card, so be sure to scroll through to the end!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Real Red, Pacific Point
Ink ~ Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Pacific Point
Stamp Sets ~ Calling All Heroes, B.Y.O.p
Other Supplies ~ Circle Punches, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (star), Word Bubble Framelits (retired), Square Framelits
 
Creating the storybook layout was a piece of cake using the Square Framelits and Magnetic Platform...take a look!
 
I lined the 1-1/2" square framelit up on the upper left corner of the card front and ran it through the Big Shot using the Magnetic Platform.  I repeated this step in the upper right corner, then moved the square framelit over to make a rectangle shape.
These steps were repeated at the bottom of the card front as well, cutting the square and rectangle shapes on opposing sides.
 
  Next, I cut the center rectangle using the same 1-1/2" Square Framelit.
 Once I had my storybook template cut, I placed it over the front of the card base and used a pencil to draw a few lines for guides for my stamping.


 
This card was a ton of fun to make!  I encourage you to join in the fun too!
 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment