Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine {Golden} Anniversary

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!  Do you go all out and celebrate Valentines Day or do you just look at it as another day?  We have a little of both in our house!  My kiddos, of course, made fun little Valentines for their friends at school and I made them some cute Valentine treats for their lunch today.  And since my hubby has to work today, my boys told me they would be my date and take me out for ice cream later today...I {heart} them!  My hubby and I decided long ago that we don't need to do anything for Valentines Day, but I broke the rules a little this year and got him a little sweet treat from the candy shop :-) 
Ok, enough of my rambling and on to today's card!  My husbands aunt and uncle are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend...what an amazing milestone!  They are the kindest people you will ever meet and I am sad we won't be able to join them for their celebration, but I will be sending them this card...
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Red Glimmer Paper
Ink ~ Jet Black StazOn, Gold Metallic Encore Pad
Stamp Sets ~ Hearts A Flutter, Express Yourself (Hostess)
Other Supplies ~ Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Gold Bakers Twine
 
I used this weeks sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my inspiration.  I loved this sketch so much that I used it for a second card, along with the fun color challenge over at Colour Me...!  My good friend and super crafty pal Katie at Sweet n Spiffy is one the of amazingly talented design team members and I've been itching to play along with all of their fun color combos!
 


Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink ~ Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party
Stamp Set ~ Six-Sided Sampler
Other Supplies ~ Hexagon Punch, Brights Collection Buttons, Pool Party Bakers Twine
 
I hope you all have a great day and even better weekend!
 
Happy Stamping!


8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I'm sure your husband's aunt and uncle will just love this card celebrating their special day! Thanks for joining us at at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip hip hooray! So happy to see you playing along and this card is So Cute! Those hexagons are absolutely perfect for these colors.... LURVE! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love them both! Great use of the glimmer paper! :) That color combo in #2 is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute!!! Awesome way to represents our colours this week :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous! I really love your anniversary card and those sweet hearts! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful set of cards...love how you used the Colour Me combo!! thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete