Thursday, July 18, 2013

Convention Day One ~ Artisan Swap

It's day one of Convention and it's already been so amazing!!!  After arriving late in the afternoon yesterday, I finally got to meet my roommate and new friend face to face...so  happy!!!  We made our way from the airport to our hotel and got all settled in.  Then we were off to the Cheesecake Factory...a long awaited treat after we have both worked so hard to meet our weight loss goal and fitness achievements.  After getting a little sleep (who am I kidding, I'm too excited to sleep!) we started the day with a tour of the Riverton Office, which was AWESOME!  We had a little bit of downtime after the tour and then I was off to meet with all of the Artisan Finalists for our swap!  It was so awesome to finally meet everyone face to face.  I still can't believe I made it to the Top 20...PINCH ME! 
Here is the card I made to swap with all of the fabulous finalists.  It looks like a simple card, but let me tell you...those circles took me hours to cut out and my shoulder is still sore from cranking all of them out!  But I love this card and the work was totally worth it!
Here is a side view so you can see the embossing a little bit better.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla, Venetian Romance
Ink ~ Crisp Cantaloupe
Stamp Set ~ Happy Day
Other Supplies ~ 1-3/4" & 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Antique Brads, Circles Collection Framelits, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder

It was so much fun swapping with the Artisan Top 20!  So much amazing talent!!! 

day did not end here though...General Session kicked everything off and the Opening Social after was awesome!  In between all of this, I had a chance to meet up with some of the All Things Stampin' Up! Facebook group...so great to meet so many of these people in person!

Time to {try} sleep...another BUSY day tomorrow!  Not only do we have a day packed full of fun stuff, but we also find out who will make the next Artisan Design Team!

Until tomorrow...

Happy Stamping!




No comments:

Post a Comment