Sunday, May 5, 2013

Soho Subway Birthday

Good morning my crafty friends!  I have a quick post for you this morning with a peek at the new Soho Subway DSP...quickly becoming another favorite!  This is another card my friend asked me to make for her niece, who will be celebrating her 25th birthday in a few weeks.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Early Espresso Core'dinations, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla, Soho Subway DSP
Ink ~ Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit
Stamp Sets ~ Label Love, Oh Hello, March Paper Pumpkin
Other Supplies ~ Chevron Embossing Folder, Sanding Block, Artisan Label Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Oval Collection Framelits, Antique Brads, Typeset Alphabet

I love the combination of this paper with the "distressed" chevron patterns of the embossed paper and stamped oval.  I wasn't sure if they would work together, but I am pretty happy with the end result.  I randomly sponged ink on the oval chevron stamp (Oh, Hello), lighter in some places, heavier in others to create a somewhat distressed look.  I then stamped off the splatter stamp (March Paper Pumpkin) twice before stamping them on top of the chevron image.  I love the Core'dinations paper and am so excited to see MORE of it in the new catalog!

Off to get ready for my Sunday morning Stamp Club...love this class!  Sipping coffee and stamping with some of my favorite ladies is the perfect way to spend a Sunday morning!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment