Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bold Butterfly CASE

When I first saw the colors in the latest Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge, I was a bit stumped by what to do with these colors...

But after seeing the design team cards, I was totally inspired by the bold butterfly on Erika's card.  Her bright, beautiful butterfly and the color challenge helped me to come up with a card for Mother's Day for my mother-in-law.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Real Red
Ink ~ Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Summer Starfruit, Real Red
Stamp Sets ~ Swallowtail, Papillion Potpourri, Family Reunion, En Francias
Other Supplies ~ Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Decorative Punch, Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, In Color Dahlias, Fancy Fan Folder

I love that the new ink pads keep the stamped image wet just long enough to be able to emboss them...the Iridescent Ice embossing folder gave the butterfly just the right amount of bling for my momma-in-law :)

This was a fun color challenge and pushed me a bit, which is why I love these challenges so much!!!  Thanks for keeping me crafting :)

Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I bet it looks even more gorgeous in person with the embossing and sparkle! I like that you used all kinds of butterflies, too! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breelin, you are so sweet! Thank you for the kind comment :) I was going way outside my color comfort zone! Your card looks gorgeous, I love the glittered butterfly. And I'm glad you mentioned that the ink stays wet long enough to emboss, that opens up a lot of possibilities I haven't thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think each time I see this image I fall more and more in love with it, I admit that I was overwhelmed by it in the catalog- but seeing your card really makes me think I am missing out by not having it. I love your card, I wish I could see it in real life- I LOVE me some sparkle!! Thanks for sharing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun it is to add sparkle to any card. Your butterfly shimmers fabulously and I just love the positioning -- awesome job! I am always happy to see your entries at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty!!! Love the sparkle!!! Great use of the Butterflies!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty! I didn't get this stamp and now wish I had have! This is soft even though the colors are on the bright side and I like that! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I'm sure the MIL loved it. Thanks for playing along with HSS and my challenging colors.

    ReplyDelete