Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Up, Up & Away Birthday

My boys and I were talking this morning about our annual Balloon Stampede coming up next month.  We have an annual tradition of going to one of the local schools on the Friday morning of the Stampede to watch them take off.  And on Saturday mornings we get up early to go chase the Balloons...so much fun and such a beautiful sight!  Our little conversation inspired me to pull out the fun balloon stamp from the You're Amazing set.  With some help from this weeks sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches I came up with this simple, yet bright and cheerful card:
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Whisper White, First Edition Specialty DSP
Ink ~ Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Stamp Set ~ You're Amazing
Other Supplies ~ 2011-2013 In-Color Brads, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Ticket Duo Builder, Apothecary Accents Framelits

I love stamping on the First Edition DSP...bright, bold colors on news print is just FUN! 

Hope you are all having a great week!

Happy Stamping!


3 comments:

  1. I love this! I love the colors and the stamping on the newsprint dsp. And I especially love the little tickets with the baker's twine. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamping on the newsprint too! The hanging tags are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful (and I love the story behind it too)! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete