Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Retro Hexagons

I said it in my last post and I'll say it again...I LOVE the new This and That Epic Day DSP!!!!  I have had the pack of paper out since I got it and have used it in almost every single project.  My apologies in advance for the possibility of numerous posts with this paper :)
I had some fun with the latest challenge over at Retro Sketches.   Here's a look at the sketch:
And my take on the sketch, which is full of hexagons :) I ran the Pool Party Core'dinations card stock through my big shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder then roughed it up a bit with my Stampin' Distress Tool and Sanding Block. The smaller hexagons come from a piece of DSP that I also ran through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder then tore out.  The roughed up edges are perfect with the distressed look of this DSP.  I embossed the "Hey there Friend" stamp in Pool Party, which is a little hard to see in the picture, but looks awesome in person.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Naturals White, Pool Party Core'dinations, This and That Epic Day DSP
Ink ~ Gumball Green, VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ Paper Pumpkin (March Kit)
Other Supplies ~ Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Pool Party Embossing Powder, Pool Party Bakers Twine, Stampin' Distress Tool, Sanding Block

I am so, so, so happy that Pool Party and Calypso Coral are going to be sticking around.  I can't wait to find out what other colors make the cut in the new catalog...just a few more weeks and we'll find out!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment