Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cuatro Mariposas

Made it through Monday and almost through Tuesday...just a few more hours and we'll all have our hands on the Stampin' Up! retired list and new annual catalog!  I feel like a little girl waiting for Christmas morning!  I know there are some who are staying up late (or setting an alarm for an early morning hour) to view the new catty...I love the excitement!  I won't be getting up in the middle of the night and I promised myself I would get up and go for a run before I get lost in the new catalog and placing my order.  I'm guessing this will make me run faster, which is an added bonus :)

I had a little extra time during my lunch hour today and created this cute card based off of this weeks Mojo Monday sketch.
I like really like the squares in this sketch and had a little fun with my punches.  And guess what?!?!  No stamps were used on this card...punches only! It's always fun to do something a little different.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Pretty in Pink, Print Poetry DSP
Other Supplies ~ Scallop Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Delicate Designs Embossing Folder, Pearl Basics, Large Pearl Basics

I didn't capture it well in this picture, but the Summer Starfruit butterfly is punched out and popped up a bit while the other butterflies are the negative punch placed over a colored square of paper.

The cheerful, bright colors of this DSP make me think of spring...which I think is finally making an appearance here! 

Be sure to check back tomorrow for the list of retiring Stampin' Up! products...and snatch them up while you can!  They'll go FAST!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. it's very beautiful and special
    Thank you so much for sharing this information!

    ReplyDelete