Monday, March 11, 2013

Never too old to play dress up

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope everyone isn't suffering too much from that lost hour of sleep over the weekend!  I had a little surgery on Friday, so I got lots of rest over the weekend and haven't missed that hour yet.  My boys, on the other hand, are letting me know they missed that hour today...yikes!  Talk about a house full of grumps this morning ;)  I didn't feel up to doing much of anything on Friday and spent most of Saturday enjoying some beautiful sunshine, but I did finally make it down to my craft room yesterday and had some fun!
What little girl, big or small, doesn't love to play dress up?  In a house full of boys, I'm always looking for an excuse to dress something up and Stampin' Up! has given all of us something to help!  The All Dressed Up Framelits seem to be a HUGE hit and I finally found time to get mine out and play!
There are sooooo many fun things to do with these framelits, but I kept things a little more simple to start. This card was inspired by a friend who has had a bit of a rough go the past year, but she was determined to make a good life for her and her kids and she is well on her way to doing that!   
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Crumb Cake Timeless Portrait DSP (retired, but available in MDS)
Ink ~ Basic Black & Real Red Stampin' Wright Markers
Stamp Set ~ Feel Goods
Other Supplies ~ All Dressed Up Framelits, Oval Famelits, Basic Pearls (colored with a black Sharpie)

This card was inspired by a similar one seen on Pinterest, but I forgot to actually pin the card, so I can't give credit where credit is due!  If I find it again, I'll let you know :)  I forgot how cute this DSP is..perfect for a teacher card!  And you can't have a teacher card without a chalkboard, right?!?!?  Loving the chalkboard technique!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Basic Black, Storytime DSP
Ink ~ VersaMark, White Gel Pen
Stamp Set ~ Family Reunion
Other Supplies ~ All Dressed Up Framelits, Denim Jean Ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Rhinestones

Hope you all have a great day and a fantastic week!!!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment