Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail

I can't believe Easter is already less than a month away...where does the time go as it flies by so fast? It seems like Christmas was just a few weeks ago and here it is the end of February already.  CRAZY!

I've been playing around with some of my spring and Easter stamp sets this week. I don't know about you, but I always seem to pull out my Aqua Painters and Blender Pens this time of year.  There is something about the watercolor effect that says Spring to me :)  The great team over at Hand Stamped Sentiments has a sketch this week that made for a fun Easter card.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Birds of a Feather DSP
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit
Stamp Sets ~ A Little Bit of Spring, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Other Supplies ~ Oval Framelits, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack, Delicate Details Lace Tape

I love the little eggs in this DSP...perfect for Easter creations :)  And the colors are so cheerful and Spring-y!

On a different note...I could use a little cheering up today.  Our dear sweet lab, Bailey, isn't doing so well :(  He has a football size mass on his side, that we thought was just a hematoma, which our vet said should resolve on its own.  Well, after almost 3 weeks, there is no change and now he is not eating and does nothing but sleep.  All of his blood work came back normal at his last visit, so we know it is not cancer.  I'll be taking him back in to the vet tomorrow to see what our options are.  Bailey is our first baby and has been a part of our family for almost 10 years.  We aren't ready to see him go yet and are praying that we can get him healthy and feeling better soon!

Thanks for stopping by today and for letting me ramble about my pup :)

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Love the dsp used- worked perfect!!! Love your color combo so soft and springy!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! You're right, the soft watercoloring is very springy, and you've done a wonderful job with it. I said a little prayer for Bailey. I know the unconditional love of a pet, they see us through so much, don't they? Blessings! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!! It is just perfect and the coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! That background paper is perfect. So glad you joined us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe this is so cute! And I love how you took the "bird" paper and made it work for Easter! Just great! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete