Friday, December 28, 2012

Freshly Made Friday Mashup!

Say that 3 times fast!  :)  TGIF stampin' friends! It's been super cold and foggy here, but no snow :(  We had a tiny little bit on Christmas night, but it melted as soon as it it hit the ground.  My boys have been pretty bummed that we haven't had any snow during their Christmas break.  Thankfully we are close to the snow covered Blue Mountains and can make a quick trip up there to hit the snow and go sledding. 
When I saw the fun challenge over at The Friday MashUp! I was excited to pull some of my snowflake stamps back out.  My hopes were that maybe if I made a few more "snow" cards then maybe we'll actually get some snow :)  This weeks MashUp challenge is to make a project using Snowflakes and a color combo of Whisper White, Pool Party, Midnight Muse and Black.  I'll be honest...the black threw me off and created quite the challenge for me!  But I stuck with it and with some sketch help from Freshly Made Sketches I came up with this:


Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Print Poetry DSP**
Ink ~ Illuminate Glimmer Watermark, Black StazOn
Stamp Sets ~ Snowflake Soriee, En Francais
Other Supplies ~ Window Frames Framelits, Basic Rhinestones (colored with a black Sharpie), White Gel Pen, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon
**Spring Catalog**

This color combo gives me the feeling snow falling on a cold winter night.  Maybe we'll get a late Christmas wish and wake up to some snow tomorrow morning :)  In the meantime, we'll keep on making some trips up the mountain to have our fun in the snow!

Happy New Year's Weekend and Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowflake design! Perfect for this time of year! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with it too! Your background with the words and snowflakes is gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Breelin! I love the snowflakes and love the colours you've chosen! You are welcome to any of our snow! I can send you heaps of the white stuff!!! Have a great New Years! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen! We finally got a little bit last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The silver shimmer snowflakes really pop out, I love that!

    I hope you got some snow....here in southcentral Alaska we seem to be having a snow drought and I am not happy about it! Hopefully I get my snow soon!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background ... wow, the layered stamping is awesome !
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the snowflakes and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! Love how you created the background with the snowflakes and words. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete