Saturday, November 17, 2012

Framed Family

I was reminded today just how important it is to put everything that is going on in life on hold and just take time to spend with your family.  I spent my morning with my stampin' family making some fun Christmas cards...fun time had by all.  The rest of the day was spent with my own family and we did nothing but have fun!  My hubby and kiddos thought it would be fun for all of us, including Grandma and Grandpa, to go bowling.  So, after lunch, we all loaded up and had an awesome afternoon of bowling!  Sad to say, both of my almost 7 year old boys beat me not once, but TWICE.  They spent the rest of the day reminding me of this :)  To end the day, we had a family dinner and movie night.  We decided it was time to break out the Christmas movies...The Grinch Who Stole Christmas was the first pick of the season.  One of my favorites!  As I sat on the couch curled up with one of my boys, none of the stress that I have felt all week was there.  I was totally relaxed and it was so nice!  So, as we approach the crazy, busy holiday season, my goal is to remind myself of today and make the time to spend some quality time with my family.
Ok, now on to my card!  This week was super busy (and stressful) on the work side of life and I just didn't have it in me to get much stamping done.  I started on this card earlier in the week, but just got around to getting it finished this morning.  This card was inspired by a challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary
2012 Create Thursday-007
 While I didn't stick with the sketch, I did create my card using the Floral Framelits.  The idea for this card came from Mary Fish over at Stampin' Pretty.  Her creations are always amazing and so inspiring!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink ~ VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ Daydream Medallions
Other Supplies ~ Floral Frames Framelits, Basic Pearls (colored with a black Sharpie), Clear and Silver Embossing Powder

I had planned on using MDS2 to create my Christmas cards, but after making this, I may change my mind and make these :)  Either way, I better get started on them soon!

Looking forward to one more day of the weekend.  Not much on the agenda for tomorrow...hopefully that means a little bit of stampin' time for me :)

Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely card (and lovely family). The floral frames really highlight the photo. Your story of your family day was great - a little reminder for a lot of us! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had the perfect day! With two of my boys in college we don't often get families with all of us. On Labor Day we all went Apple Picking which was fun for us and something we hadn't done in many years. And what a nice shaped card with the family photo in the center. I'm so glad you joined our challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!
    Monika Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...important to take time out for fun! Bowling sounds great! I love your shaped family photo card using Floral Framelits! Great idea! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to frame your photos and your memories! Love the colours you've - they're so striking! Thanks so much for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use the framelits for a photo frame and I really like the color combination. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you made a photo card from the floral framelits! They really frame the photo perfectly! And they would be great for Christmas cards, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the frame from the framelits! Love the colors too! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun is good! Definitely need to spend time doing that! What a great card! LOVE how you incorporated a photo in there. Thanks so much for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are lucky to have all our kids in town, so have "family day" quite often. Love the way you showcased your family in this shaped card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete