Saturday, October 6, 2012

Change of heart

Ever pass on a certain stamp set because you just don't think you'll ever use it?  I do all the time, but then I see it in action and my mind is quickly changed.  Clockworks is a set I've looked at a few times, but just never really called out to me...until I attended Tacoma Regional!  This stamp set was used for all of the make and takes and I had a total change of heart!  This set is so versatile!  And what a perfect time for me to reach my Stampin' Start goals...2 free stamp sets and a $50 shopping spree!!  Clockworks is now part of my {ever-growing} collection and one of my new faves!
I dove in to some projects early this morning and got totally carried away.  4 cards and a few other projects later, I'm finally sitting down to catch up on some editing and other desk work.  I hit up some of my favorite challenge sites for some inspiration...Hand Stamped Sentiments has a color challenge going on this week and I love the combo.  So rich and full of life!  So, I had my color, but needed a little help in the sketch department.  After looking through a few different sketch ideas, I came across one at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and quickly got to work.
Here's what I had to work with:


And here's what I came up with:

I love the tone on tone stamping with this set!  And with this color combo, this could be a birthday card for anyone.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Island Indigo
Stamp Sets ~ Clockworks, One in a Million

Heading out for a walk with my kiddos before it starts to get dark.  Sad for the shorter days, but I am loving the changing of the seasons and all the beautiful colors!

Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Just recently purchased this set myself and can't wait to give it a try. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Love the tone on tone stamping- pretty!! Great use of the set!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great--I agree that the tone on tone stamping is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :) I hope you come and play along with me at Technique Tuesday--the monthly challenge is Bargello! Also, I have a DT call on my blog for a new challenge that will start in January if you are interested! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, I love the way it came together with the neutral background and the punch of colored strips. That stamp set it great, I have to have that for my masculine cards! So glad you played at HSS this week! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika is right, your card is very cool. I love the clean look with subtle details that make your card extra special. I am so glad to have been back to your blog and that you played along with our color challenge this week. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for all the great comments! This is what keeps me going :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card, I love the use of tone on tone. Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great clean and simple card! Perfect for a quick workshop. Thanks for joining us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the papers and the subtle stamped background. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete