Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baby Boy Blues

School is back in session and as excited I get for school to start, I miss my boys like crazy during the day!  Thank goodness my sweet boy Owen still has a few years left before he's in school.  I'm going to have to borrow a baby when that happens!

I've been off a day this week with the holiday, but I'm slowly catching back up.  Made my way over to Mojo Monday for a little sketch inspiration this morning before the boys got up.  I was a bit stumped by all of the layers in this sketch and just couldn't decide what stamp set to use.  So, as I was trying to figure that all out, I hopped on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and I was no longer stumped!  This week is a color challenge and the fun colors totally inspired me to make a baby boy card.

Take the Mojo Sketch and the HSS color challenge...


...and here's what you get...

I love the Button Buddies set!  Add the cute little duck from the Embellished Events set and you've got a super cute card.  I may have to make this card in some shades of pink too!  Lots of weddings this year means lots of babies coming soon :)

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Temping Turquoise, Brights Collection DSP
Ink ~ Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Night of Navy
Stamp Sets ~ Embellished Events, Button Buddies, Sweet Essentials
Other Supplies ~ Adorning Accents Edgelits, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Stripes Embossing Folder, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Regals Designer Buttons

Better get myself out the door...early release at school today!  It feels good to be back into the school routine and have a set schedule every week day.  The more structure I have, the more I get done and the more free time I have for stamping...WIN!

Happy Stamping!


8 comments:

  1. So many textures and layers perfectly coordinate! I love how you framed the duck image. Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable baby card! I love how you used our color challenge. Any new mom or mom to be would love to get this. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute!!! Great texture layers!!! Love the button accent- just perfect!!! Colors perfect for you Baby Boy Card!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card!! I used the exact same layout and stamp image for a different challenge this week http://www.handstampedstyle.com, great minds think alike huh? I love your card!! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This card is so fabulous. I love the layout and all the great attention to details. The button on the rattle is a perfect finishing touch. I am happy you joined our color challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh....this is so cute!! I was gonna use this set for my card, too. Love the little ducky and great use of the layout! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that?! I love your ducky in the wagon, and for some reason I've never thought to fussy cut around the Button Buddies...it looks great! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the very kind comments and selecting me for this weeks Artist Pick!

    ReplyDelete