Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Not just for Christmas

I don't know about you, but I love to find other uses for just about anything!  All you have to do is use your imagination and creativity.  That's what I did when I got the Ornament Keepsakes Bundle.  I knew I could make some super cute ornaments or ornament cards, but what else could I make?!?!  After a little thought and playing around with the different stamps and coordinating dies, I came up with a fun flower to use on top of a gift box I had been working on.   I thought I took a picture of it, but after looking through my files, it doesn't look like I did...OOPS!  Lucky for you, I used the flower idea for the HandStamped Sentiments Color Challenge this week!
(If you haven't guessed, this is one of my favorite challenge sites!)
This weeks challenge is to create something using all of the colors from the 2012-2014 In Color Collections.  If I had to pick a favorite from these colors, I'm not sure that I could... I LOVE all of them!  I kept this card pretty simple, but the colors really help brighten it up.  I created a little frame around the card using the Simply Scored...super easy!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Ink ~ Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit
Stamp Sets ~ Ornament Keepsakes, My Friend
Other Supplies ~ Holiday Ornaments Framelits, 1" Circle Punch, In Color Dahlias, Simply Scored

See what you can do when you use your imagination and a little creativity? 
You can get your Ornament Keepsake Bundle today by visiting my  Online Store!  And don't forget to check out the great MDS Items that are 31% off this month!

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!! Great use with the new framelit dies!!! Great texture- Love the added border!!! Great use of the new in colors!! Thanks for playing with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your flower is a great alternative to the ornaments! And, yes, you have all the colors accounted for! LOL The scoring around the edges is really pretty too. Thanks for playing at HSS, Breelin :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is brilliantly created! I love how you have used the ornaments collection to make it--so smart. Thanks for adding your amazing card to the Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge this week. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea to use the ornament and framelit as the flower petals. I love it. So glad you joined us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete