Thursday, July 12, 2012

On to birthday card for twin # 2!  My color inspiration for this card came from Create with Connie and Mary...one of my favorite blogs!!!
2012 Create Challenges-026
Since I used the Moving Forward set for little Miss Marli, I thought I would also use it for Mr. Lucas as well...being twins and all :)  I typically only use my punches along with a coordinating stamp, so using them to create part of the scene was "out of the box" for me.  I had fun using the edgelit to create my ocean too!  I still may play around with this one a bit(and consult with my bff stamping partner in crime)...not sure about the clouds, but for now I'll go with this.



CCMC210

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Pool Party, Comfort Cafe DSP (used for the ocean waves)
Ink ~ Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Pool Party
Stamp Sets ~ Moving Forward, Create a Cupcake
Other Supplies ~ Chevron Embossing Folder, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Word Window Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Cupcake Builder (clouds)



Here is take #2 with an added cloud in Pool Party...thanks to my bff crafting partner for the suggestion!

10 comments:

  1. What a darling card! LOVE the way you created the life preserver! So cute!!! I invite you to join me at Technique Tuesday--you'd be a wonderful addition to the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun card! I agree with Mynnette, the life preserver is fabulous. Thanks for joining in the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card! Love your ocean waves, but the life preserver cinched the deal for me! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card for Mr. Lucas. I love the little scenery you created! Thanks for joining the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card!! I love the little scene you created with the punches!! So clever and creative! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card!! I love the scene and what a fantastic use of the colors. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute...I like how you created your scene and love the life presever you have on there! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Great card for a kid! Love how you created the life preserver...great place for that greeting! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought these colors worked well for the boat (I used the same one!). And I created a scrapbook page last month with the edgelits for waves too. We must be on the same wave length (ha ha!). Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, love the life preserver...great touch with that to go along with the stamp set! Very fun card for your twin! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete